My term is officially ending; and next Wednesday, you will see a whole new crop of designers @ Let's Scrap. I have enjoyed my two back-to-back terms there immensely. I can't wait to see new, fresh ideas. I have loads of new cyber friends. We have supported each other through many of life's blessings and tragedies these past eight months. I will miss our daily dialog...but I will be lurking! I just might be back sometime next year hopefully in a renewed DT capacity...but, in the meantime, look for several new sketches I designed for Let's Scrap to appear in the coming months. Jus' sayin.
Anywho...here is today's sketch:
And here is my take on it:
Here are the technical notes for the layout:
- This entire LO evolved from the beautifully embellished blue menu that was on our table.
- The sketch calls for a large vertical photo on the lh side. Hmmm...I think that is the perfect place to include the menu!
- The LO also calls for three, 2" x 3" vertical photos. I replaced two of those with a 3" x 4" horizontal photo. All other photos are cropped as depicted in the sketch.
- The title is a custom design (from yours truly) and cut from white cardstock using my Silhouette machine.
- The LO called for several embellishments around the title. I cut a 12" x 12" patterned paper just off center and used the snowflake/ornaments printed on the paper in place of the embellies.
- The two snowflakes on the lh side are punches. They are "strung" with mini pearls, embellished with a jelly roll star pen with large center pearls. They match the paper fabulously...if I do say so myself!
- All other paper, die cut ribbon, and layered embellies are from the new Creative Memories "Be Merry" collection. "Pssst...there is a beautiful red album that matches the paper!"
- The journaling on the rh side is computer generated in coordinating colors...of course.