Friday, October 29, 2010

I'm in LOVE with the Fall harvest!

I used to only know how to make zucchini recipes.  I used to grow zucchini, and I've literally "zucchini-ized" every dish under the sun.

This fall, we've been out to this wonderful little farmer's market in Brighton twice.  I just LOVE the place!  I've bought butternut, spaghetti, and acorn squash this year (yes, and a few zucchini).  Last night, I cut open the acorn squash and tried this recipe.  We LOVED it.  (Watch out Martha)


Ingredients:
2 T spoon butter
1 Medium Acorn Squash
2 T brown sugar
Coarse grown salt and pepper

Preparation:

1. Preheat oven to 425°.

2. Halve the acorn squash crosswise. Scoop out seeds; discard. Slice a small piece off bottom of each squash half just enough to level.

3. Set squash halves, scooped sides down, on prepared sheet. Bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Turn squash; prick insides all over with a fork. Divide 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar among halves; season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Continue to bake until flesh is easily pierced with the tip of a paring knife, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment