So...you know how every other Wednesday I post a scrapbook layout based on a sketch? Did you ever wonder where those sketches come from? The very talented sketch artist is stepping down after many years and that leaves the door WIDE OPEN for new talent.
Would you like to design?
Do you like to design cards and/or layout sketches?
Have you always wanted to try to design a sketch?
Do you feel confident enough to share your work with others?
Wanna get published?
If any of those answers are yes, then maybe YOU are the one who can design one of November's sketches for Let’s Scrap as they are hosting the first annual sketch design contest!
Here's what they are looking for:
- Either card or layout sketches
- Card sketches can be any size
- Layouts must be two-page 12" x 12" layouts (12”x24” total), and both sides should be able to be made into single page layouts as well
- page, picture and embellishment sizes should be easy to figure out
- use standard size photos (i.e., 2x2”, 3x3”, 4x4”, 4x6”, 5x7”)
- designed with the newest, hottest trends and techniques in mind (such as hexagons, diecut papers, borders etc.)
- flow from one side to the other
- black and white
- computer drawn (but they are willing to digitize your handdrawn sketches for you)
- new, ORIGINAL designs for this contest (please be fair to other sketch designers. Do NOT just copy a sketch you’ve seen elsewhere!)
Can you stand the test? Well, go ahead and start designing. You have until the September 30 to submit your sketch (or sketches) to: email@example.com
With your application, please include:
- Name, address, and e-mail address
- Link to your blog and/or online gallery
What’s in it for you?
- There will be four winners: three layout sketches and one card sketch. Each of these winners will receive a prize.
- If you are a winner, your sketch will be posted on the main page and used as a weekly sketch challenge during the month of November, 2012, and more than 4,100 members will be able to play with it!
- You will have everlasting fame (not fortune, sorry about that)
- Four winners will be announced on October 8, 2012.
- If you submit a sketch to Let’s Scrap, you may NOT reveal the sketch ANYWHERE, including on your blog, until after the winners are announced.
- If your sketch is chosen as one of the four winners, do NOT reveal your sketch. Let’s Scrap will reveal the winning sketches on the main page during the month of November. You may post a winning sketch on your own blog only after it has been revealed by Let’s Scrap!
Will I be participating in the contest? You betcha!