What is going on with this
hobby passion of mine?
- Creative Memories is bankrupt (although there is a new simpler line under a new name)
- Archiver's also bankrupt, closing stores all over the country
(insert temper tantrum, hysterical crying, kicking my legs, and beating my hands on the floor)
- My favorite magazines are ending and some are "online only"
- Favorite websites/stores closing down
- "New" ways of scrapbooking are emerging (hello "pocket" scrapbooking). Is this really scrapbooking?
I read this article yesterday and shared it via FB.
Heartbreaking. For "old ladies" like me, is the traditional way of scrapbooking gone by the wayside? What does this mean for our favorite craft? Where am I to get supplies? Where are we girls supposed to gather? The shopping and "gathering" of supplies was a big part of the fun. Disclaimer: if I were to live to 100 and scrapbook everyday, I would never use all the supplies I have!
Still...I vow to not quit. This industry has become a great part of my heart and my life. I cannot imagine my life without it.