Friday, May 13, 2011

Superstitious?

I'm not (really).

But, my mom was!  Growing up, we were leary of lots of things in our house.  If one of us would break a mirror, well that was a big one for sure.  I'm pretty sure this was because she was born on the 13th of April.  Many, many times her birthday fell on a Friday.  Talk about bad luck...

Black cats?  My mom hated cats so that was easy.  The nine lives?  Well, that's just freaky.

Step on a crack?  Well, let's just say, I avoided them at all costs.

I usually had a rabbit's foot...somewhere.

Apples were a mainstay.

We ALWAYS got new clothes on Easter.

We never had clover growing in our yard (God forbid), but my Grandma did...

Now, as a grown up, I still walk around ladders.

I only open my umbrella outside.

I always fear rain on the day I wash my car.

I'll only pick up a penny if it's heads up.

I secretly always wish my palms would itch.

I still blow out all the candles on my birthday cake!  And will again on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment