Wednesday, August 8, 2012

8-8-12 Sketch

The A-Team over @ Let's Scrap is off and running with our first layouts for the new term.  (Yay...I always wanted to be on someone's anyone's A-Team!)  Here's the new sketch:


Before we get into the details of the layout, I want to reassure you, that Take Your Dog to Work Day is real...first celebrated in 1999. 

I just don't think there are too many employers who encourage employee participation.  Gotta give props to my pet-loving boss!  In hindsight, I don't think he really "lets" me participate...I just do!

Without further ado...here's my layout:

This was Gracie's first "official" work day (she's now been to the office twice!).  She does not behave any better at the office than she does at home.  People and unfamiliar places make our already-misbehaved pet even worse (the aforementioned "pet-loving" boss isn't too crazy about her barking either).  This day is just plain fun (not a whole lotta work gets done)!  Afterall, how many fun work days does one really have?  Not very many.  It's just plain nonsense for Gracie's mom..and quite honestly, a good excuse reason to take photos!

Here are "technical" notes for the layout:  as is usual for me, I followed the sketch almost -- I did substitute a photo for the embellishment on the rh side.  You may notice that the photos on the rh side do not line up quite right.  Truth is, I had a hard time with correct sizing & placement, and I just couldn't bring myself to crop them any smaller.  The top & bottom hexagon borders were "fussy cut" from a sheet of paper as were the striped accents.  I cut off the bracket from a kitty "never-gonna-use-it" journal box and backed it with clear stamped lines onto cardstock.  All photos are mounted with white cardstock and "inked" with brown ink. The title words were cut using my Silhouette. The TYDTW logo was downloaded from the internet; it and the "what's up" embellie are mounted with pop dots.

The products I used:
  • Bazill Cardstock:  Pineapple Bliss
  • Creative Memories Cardstock:  Espresso Brown, White & Cement
  • Color Box Fluid InkPad:  Dark Brown
  • Patterned Paper, rub-ons & embellies:
    • Basic Grey Max & Whiskers (pet line)
You can bet Gracie will be at work with mom next year on Take Your Dog to Work Day!  It'll be her 3rd annual.  We're gonna start on her be-better-at-work skills.  Tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I so love this layout. I saw a commercial on TV that made reference to "taking your dog to work day" not being such a good idea, and I thought, "Who would do that?" And, now, I find out it is a *real* day and that Gracie actually went to work. So very cool!

    ReplyDelete