Don't get trapped by the swimming trunks, little fishes, and beach sign! Because this sketch calls for four uncut 4" x 6" photos and two square 4" x 4" photos, it can be just about anything you can dream up. A sketch is really just a starting point. Swimming trunks & bumble bees truly only mean "embellishments".
Here's my take on the sketch:
See. No beachy, summertime layout here. Huh uh. The swimming trunks become double flourishes, the waves become scrolls, and the bee turns into a curlicue. What about the beach sign? It's my opera ticket.
This layout is from my very first time at a real Opera! Got a last-minute invitation to see Carmen at the historic Central City Opera House. Looking back, I remember thinking that I was not the "opera-type" and was a bit nervous about going. I wasn't sure I would like it. Heck, I didn't know if I would even understand it! But...oh...how I loved it! So much so I borrowed a line from Julia Roberts for my journaling box. It was a great Sunday afternoon!
Here are a few closeups so you can see the detail:
- Background paper, paper ribbon, textured frame, and journaling box: Creative Memories Reminisce Power Palette
- Cardstock: Creative Memories
- Bling: KaiserCraft
- Alphas: Grey: Fancy Pants Roadshow; Gold Glittered: My Little Shoe Box
- Flourishes & Scroll: Cricut: Reminisce cartridge
- Carmen Frame & Journaling Box: mounted on pop dots