Wednesday, August 22, 2012

8-22-12 Sketch

Yoo hoo...it's Wednesday...time for a new sketch @ Let's Scrap!



Don't get trapped by the swimming trunks, little fishes, and beach sign!  Because this sketch calls for four uncut 4" x 6" photos and two square 4" x 4" photos, it can be just about anything you can dream up.  A sketch is really just a starting point.  Swimming trunks & bumble bees truly only mean "embellishments". 

Here's my take on the sketch:


See.  No beachy, summertime layout here.  Huh uh.  The swimming trunks become double flourishes, the waves become scrolls, and the bee turns into a curlicue.  What about the beach sign?  It's my opera ticket. 

This layout is from my very first time at a real Opera!  Got a last-minute invitation to see Carmen at the historic Central City Opera House.   Looking back, I remember thinking that I was not the "opera-type" and was a bit nervous about going.  I wasn't sure I would like it.  Heck, I didn't know if I would even understand it!  But...oh...how I loved it!  So much so I borrowed a line from Julia Roberts for my journaling box.  It was a great Sunday afternoon!

Here are a few closeups so you can see the detail:

Products used:
  • Background paper, paper ribbon, textured frame, and journaling box:  Creative Memories Reminisce Power Palette
  • Cardstock:  Creative Memories
  • Bling:  KaiserCraft
  • Alphas:  Grey:  Fancy Pants Roadshow; Gold Glittered:  My Little Shoe Box
  • Flourishes & Scroll:  Cricut:  Reminisce cartridge
  • Carmen Frame & Journaling Box: mounted on pop dots
I challenge you to give this sketch a try.  Think outside the box sketch. 

2 comments:

  1. I love the opera! Carmen is one of my faves...even dressed up as Carmen one Halloween! Love your choice of papers & all your layering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, Judy, Judy! I laughed out loud at your journaling! An opera is so fancy-smanchy, then you journal..."I almost peed my pants!" What fun! Who knew that a beach sketch would land me at an opera! Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete