Wednesday, July 31, 2013

End of a Titan

Goodbye

Creative Memories, was the original scrapbook company created by a very passionate woman (genius) that just wanted to get her photographs out of a shoebox. She single-handedly can be credited with creating a worldwide $1,000,000,000 industry!
 
I am so sad to see CM close its doors and discontinue traditional scrapbooking products.  The company filed bankruptcy this month on what would have been its 26th birthday. The company is poised to re-open on November 1, but what the product line will be is still a secret.  It will be vastly different.

Creative Memories changed my life in many ways, as I have been a customer for 14 years and a consultant for 12.  Beyond the love of the products, I found a creative outlet, a keen eye for photography, passion for a hobby that runs deep (and scares even me sometimes), and hours and hours of girl time spent "cropping" with my friends/customers.  We liken these get togethers as quilting bees of our generation.  We've swapped countless stories, shared amazing life memories, wept, laughed and preserved thousands of photographs -- in the very scrapbooks the company invented.  My count:  46

Today is the last day to order albums, pages, and page protectors @ www.creativememories.com

R.I.P. Creative Memories. 
It was a great ride. 
Scrapbook enthusiasts worldwide will never forget the joy your products brought to their lives. 

I thank you and my children (and their children will) thank you.  And so on and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment