Monday, November 4, 2013

A Hunka, Hunka Burning Love

Happy belated Halloween!  Can hardly believe it's November already. 

Today, I wanted to share some precious memories of our dear sweet Grandson's first Halloween.

When my daughter announced that she had ordered a baby Elvis costume for Gavin, I was definitely a "thumbs down" on that idea.  I thought he needed to be a bunny, a cow, or a monkey for his first Halloween.  Something furry and cuddly.  Something more baby-ish.  It took me quite awhile to get on the "E-train".

Additionally, I thought we should hold out on the Elvis costume until he could walk. If we waited, I was sure we could teach him the "thank you, thank you very much" for trick or treating.  Right?  Dancing would also be cute.  And, what about the lip curl? 

When I saw the first two pictures she posted on FB, I about died!  He was so darn cute.  No need to wait!
Of course, I am biased.

More Elvis love.
Grandpa was helping to get the hips loosened up and do a little lap dancing.
The guitar was actually a (new) dog toy...with the plastic bottle removed, but so perfect for the costume, and he was starting to fuss with Grandma's obsessive photo taking. But, I think I captured his best Elvis wave.
 
 Isn't he the sweetest?  Everything goes in the mouth!
Caught in the candy!  Maybe next year...

Everything that was old is new again.  And we are having so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment