Remember the sketch contest over @ Let's Scrap?
I'm so very proud to finally be able to announce my winning sketch! It is featured this week for 4,200+ Let's Scrap members! Woo hoo!
Let's Scrap. Stay tuned!
This was an entirely different excercise for me. I have NEVER designed a sketch first. I always start with some piece of a layout that I want to use, be it the photos, patterned paper or a really cute embellishment.
So, after looking through oodles of photos, I settled on a layout about Gracie (no surprise there. Are you tired of her yet?).
Here are the technical notes:
- All of the octagons were hand cut @ 3"
- The octagons were distressed (inked) with brown ink
- The pawprint heart was cut on my Silhouette
- Additional journaling was added to the pawprint
- The title box and journal boxes are word "clouds" generated on wordle.net, printed on white cardstock, hand cut, and mounted on pop dots. I cannot tell you how much I love this web based word generator! I have used it for cards, holidays, blog art, etc. Try it...you will love it! DISCLAIMER: you may get hooked.