Wednesday, November 14, 2012

11-14-12 WINNING Sketch!


Remember the sketch contest over @ Let's Scrap

I'm so very proud to finally be able to announce my winning sketch!  It is featured this week for 4,200+ Let's Scrap members!  Woo hoo!
I can't tell you how exciting it is for me to get an original design recognized and published.  I am over the moon about it.  I cannot wait to see the layouts coming in this week!  P.S.  I've got more news to share about sketch design over @ Let's Scrap.  Stay tuned!

This was an entirely different excercise for me.  I have NEVER designed a sketch first.  I always start with some piece of a layout that I want to use, be it the photos, patterned paper or a really cute embellishment. 

So, after looking through oodles of photos, I settled on a layout about Gracie (no surprise there.  Are you tired of her yet?).

Gracie is part Golden Retriever; and boy,
does she like to retrieve and retrieve and retrieve!














Close-up detail:
I did deviate a bit from the sketch.  Instead of two title octagons and two journaling octagons, I added a few more photos 'cuz I don't ever get tired of looking at her!

Here are the technical notes:
  • All of the octagons were hand cut @ 3"
  • The octagons were distressed (inked) with brown ink
  • The pawprint heart was cut on my Silhouette
  • Additional journaling was added to the pawprint
  • The title box and journal boxes are word "clouds" generated on wordle.net, printed on white cardstock, hand cut, and mounted on pop dots.  I cannot tell you how much I love this web based word generator!  I have used it for cards, holidays, blog art, etc.  Try it...you will love it!  DISCLAIMER: you may get hooked.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your winning sketch...which I LOVE! OMG!!!! I just checked out wordle.net & printed out the cutest title for my next layout! Thank you so much for sharing that! Love the poochie layout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Eniko!! Warning: wordle.net is addicting!!

      Delete
  2. Congrats! I love the hexes and your cute puppy dog! Looking forward to seeing what people come up with over at Let's Scrap!

    ReplyDelete