Wednesday, November 28, 2012

11-28-12 Sketch

This will be my last "professional" sketch for this Design Team @ Let's Scrap


My term is officially ending; and next Wednesday, you will see a whole new crop of designers @ Let's Scrap.  I have enjoyed my two back-to-back terms there immensely.  I can't wait to see new, fresh ideas.  I have loads of new cyber friends.  We have supported each other through many of life's blessings and tragedies these past eight months.  I will miss our daily dialog...but I will be lurking!  I just might be back sometime next year hopefully in a renewed DT capacity...but, in the meantime, look for several new sketches I designed for Let's Scrap to appear in the coming months. Jus' sayin.

Anywho...here is today's sketch:


And here is my take on it:

2011
Candlelight Dinner
Some close up detail:


Here are the technical notes for the layout:
  • This entire LO evolved from the beautifully embellished blue menu that was on our table. 
  • The sketch calls for a large vertical photo on the lh side.  Hmmm...I think that is the perfect place to include the menu!
  • The LO also calls for three, 2" x 3" vertical photos.  I replaced two of those with a 3" x 4" horizontal photo.  All other photos are cropped as depicted in the sketch.
  • The title is a custom design (from yours truly) and cut from white cardstock using my Silhouette machine.
  • The LO called for several embellishments around the title.  I cut a 12" x 12" patterned paper just off center and used the snowflake/ornaments printed on the paper in place of the embellies.
  • The two snowflakes on the lh side are punches.  They are "strung" with mini pearls, embellished with a jelly roll star pen with large center pearls.  They match the paper fabulously...if I do say so myself!
  • All other paper, die cut ribbon, and layered embellies are from the new Creative Memories "Be Merry" collection.  "Pssst...there is a beautiful red album that matches the paper!"
  • The journaling on the rh side is computer generated in coordinating colors...of course.

1 comment:

  1. I wondered if you made the title with your Silhouette...Bravo! It came out great & very original. I also think that using the patterned paper with the ornaments was a stroke of genius! I will miss chatting with you in the DT group! Have a great 4 months "off" before we lure you back!

    ReplyDelete