Wednesday, May 2, 2012

5-2-12 Sketch

Do you ever get the feeling that what was once a really simple hobby (adding photos and words to a piece of paper to document a memory) has gotten really complicated?  Used to be so simple...just some stickers, some markers and a few photos (although they were cut into some really weird shapes!)  With the proliferation of scrapbooking "styles," projects, classes, books, and more, I often find my head spinning!

That's why it's just so super easy to follow a sketch!  Here is this week's sketch @ Let's Scrap:


And, here's my take on it:

Disclaimer: Horrible pictures of me! Pulled my hair back into a ponytail, and I am definitely not the ponytail type. The picture Bill took of me behind the flower boxes makes me look like I am wearing a gigantic r/w/b holiday dress!

Couple of notes:

The patterned blue/white argyle paper came that way!  The only layering I added are the red fringe strips top & bottom and the scalloped red border 1/3 up from the bottom.  The fireworks and the title were cut from my Silhouette (sigh...love!). The small ones were cut twice, one in white and one in blue and then layered at the center with pop dots.  The large firework was cut three times: red, white & blue also layered in the center with pop dots.  Can you see the bling in the center of each?

Confession:  I did deviate just a bit on the four 2" square photos on the righthand side.  I had so many great photos of the fireworks...I just kept adding them!

2 comments:

  1. Nice job Judy! Deviating from the sketch is what makes your layout yours! You gave it such a special touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout, Judy! Deviating from the sketch is one of the definite "perks" of using a Let's Scrap sketch! You have done a wonderful job of capturing one of my favorite topics...adults at play!

    ReplyDelete