And, here is my take on it:
Oh...I know...kinda hokey!! But seriously, the graduation ceremony from puppy training class is a really....big...deal! Really. There's a test and everything. Gracie wore a mortarboard and got a "real" diploma. I'm sure I'm supposed to have a really good dog now. Right?
Here are the "technical" notes for the layout:
1. The chevrons are all made by punching a 1" square and then cutting the square in half on the diagonal to create a triangle. The triangles are then layered for a faux chevron. You can mimic the chevron look with any paper. I was able to use up some scrap stash. Both the graduation papers and the pet prints were scraps.
2. I downloaded the Petsmart logo from the internet. Printed it on white cardstock and backed it with blue cardstock.
3. The "U" (for University) and the Graduation Day title were cut using my Silhouette. The "U" is mounted on pop dots.
4. The blue zig zag borders were cut using Fiskars scallop scissors.
5. I used the same blue cardstock everywhere for consistency.
4. The black stars at the bottom are the negative space from a star punch and adhered one-by-one.
5. The edges of the complete 12 x 12 layouts were inked with black ink.
As always, you have until midnight on July 31 to get your layout posted and to be eligible for the weekly drawing. If you need some help with the chevrons, click here.