Monday, July 30, 2012

Flip It!

Along with my many other Design Team duties @ Let's Scrap, I also must post a challenge during my term.  My challenge was posted on Friday.  For any of you readers who aren't members @ Let's Scrap, "why the Sam Hill, not?"  (wink. wink.)  Here it is:

Flip It!
This challenge is designed to get you to think outside the box. There are 164 wonderful sketches posted on Let's Scrap, but did you know that one sketch can be used many different ways? Other than as originally published? By my quick math and all of the ways a layout can be rotated, the 164 layouts easily become over 1,900 options! Boggles the mind, doesn't it?

For this challenge, you can use any LS sketch designed for a scrapbook layout. No card sketches are allowed. You must take the sketch and either flip it (think mirror image) or rotate it. If you decide to do a two-page layout, both sides of the sketch must be flipped or rotated!

Here is the original sketch I used:

Originally published:  1-4-12
I rotated both sides 90 degrees and then swapped the right with the left and here's my new, revised sketch:


And, here is my take on it:

Bill gets Buzzed!
Note: I did move the border on the right hand page to
the middle as I thought it looked like a natural spot for it.
Of course, this technique is not limited to the sketches on Let's Scrap...it would work with any sketch or design ever invented.  Ever.

I "challenge" you to give it a try.  C'mon....you know you want to!

If you'd like to participate in the draw at Let's Scrap, here are the "official" rules:
 
Here are the rules:
  1. Create a single or double layout using a Let’s Scrap Sketch (no cards).
  2. After determining which LS sketch you will use, either rotate it or flip it. It cannot be used as originally published.
  3. You have 2 weeks to complete this challenge. All layouts must be uploaded to the gallery no later than August 10, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. (per the clock on the main page).
  4. This challenge cannot be combined with any other challenge, contest, or used for the weekly main page sketch layout contest/draw.
  5. Your layout must be NEW for this challenge!
  6. Be sure to tag your layout correctly: challenge141 (all one word), followed by a comma, a space, and the sketch number you used. My tag will read: challenge141, 1-4-12.
  7. When you upload your layout, please make sure to note how you changed the layout orientation from the original.
I will be offering a small random prize to one lucky winner that participates in this challenge (only on the Let's Scrap website).

Good luck and happy scrappin’

No comments:

Post a Comment