Wednesday, September 19, 2012

9-19-12 Sketch

In case I forgot to mention, the third Wednesday of the month is always "card-sketch-day" @ Let's Scrap.  Today's sketch:


And...here's my take on it:

 
I started with the idea that the background could really be chevrons and off I went! After cutting the card/pattern on my Silhouette, I decided to back it with a fall colored patterned paper.  Then, I coordinated some matching cardstock and backed just one of the chevrons with gold.  The wheat stalks were also cut on the Silhouette.  The wheat were (painstakingly) layered on top of one another and tied with baker's twine and then mounted with a pop dot.  The rings on the sketch lent themselves well to a three-layered scalloped circle (cut with Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Scallops via the Epic Six).  Well, after all that...there was no room for the sentiment!  I was too far along to re-invent, so the sentiment was stamped at the bottom (glad there was room!).
 
Products used:
  • White 90# index weight cardstock for the card base
  • All paper and coordinating cardstock were from my stash (yippee...it's a stashbuster!)
  • Baker's Twine:  Martha Stewart
  • Clear stamps:  Stampendous
  • Ink:  CTMH Cocoa
  • Pop Dots:  Creative Memories


1 comment: