Here is today's sketch @ Let's Scrap:
And, here is my take on it:
This layout is all about our adorable Mini Goldendoodle, Gracie. Yup. Center Stage. She may love water, but she doesn't love getting IN the water! To refresh your memory, I previously blogged about our "day at the pool" here.
I fell in love with Little Yellow Bicycle's (LYB) Splash line that came out this summer. I had to have it. All of it. I hope you can see the clear water drops and splashes that are embossed/printed on the paper.
This particular sketch calls for 2.5" square photos. 19 of them!! I did not want to print so many 4" x 6" photos and then crop the crap out of them! I downloaded a free photo manipulator called Photosheet (it is a huge time saver to print smaller photos without losing any of the detail). I used the 2.5" x 3.5" wallet size option, saved the photos (two up on a 4" x 6") and uploaded them to Costco for a whopping $1.98! So much easier!
Oprah says, "love is in the details." I hope you can see the clear water drops and splashes that are embossed/printed on the paper and the shimmering sparkle of the Gelly Roll pen (they come in many colors!).
Here are the "technical" notes for the layout:
- Paper & embellishments: LYB Splash
- Paper clouds: cut with QuicKutz cloud shape
- Stitching: Blue Star Gelly Roll Pen and Paper Pizazz Easy Stitches template
- Paper inking (for edge distressing & paw prints): CTMH Outdoor Denim & Citrus Leaf
- Bark-n-Splash logo downloaded from the internet, printed on my computer, and inked
- White Textured Cardstock: Bazzill
- Journaling is computer generated, printed on LYB coordinating 6x6 paper pads (perfect use for this size!), and mounted on CM Pop Dots
- Paw print Rubber Stamp: Michael's