Thursday, December 6, 2012

Holiday Card Swap

Got your Holiday cards made yet?  If not, read on for some inspiration.

I recently participated in my very first (homemade/handmade/unique/custom-designed) Holiday card swap.  Let me just tell you...I was a nervous wreck!  I tend to be a bit OCD over things like this.  My cards have to be perfect! 

I made 10 of these babies for the swap.  They are not my Holiday card this year as I want to send out photo cards, but I will use these for thank you's and other holiday-related gift giving.

So I labored and labored over my design and came up with this card:

I am in love with the white-on-white layering seen all over Pinterest and decided to throw in a bit of Kraft-colored accents.  The white card base is layered with Kraft cardstock and then another white music-note embossed layer, two jingle bells, glitter, twine and a sentiment. 

Another look:


Technical notes:
  • The white embossed layer was made using a Cuttlebug embossing folder and my Epic Six.
  • The jingle bells were cut using my Silhouette.  They are cut in two layers and jazzed up a bit with Stickles Crystal.
  • "JINGLE" sentiments are computer generated (x 10), cut with Stampin Up's (SU) Framelits Bitty Banners and the Revolution machine, enhanced with Gelly Roll pens (Red Star & Lime Star) and mounted on pop dots.
  • Brown twine (Doodlebug) was strung up and glued under the sentiment.
  • The inside "Jingle All The Way" is an older SU rubber mounted stamp and stamped with SU's Soft Suede ink
Here are the cards I received in the swap.  I hope that they spark some ideas!  Enjoy.


 


 
Aren't they fabulous?

No comments:

Post a Comment