I recently participated in my very first (homemade/handmade/unique/custom-designed) Holiday card swap. Let me just tell you...I was a nervous wreck! I tend to be a bit OCD over things like this. My cards have to be perfect!
I made 10 of these babies for the swap. They are not my Holiday card this year as I want to send out photo cards, but I will use these for thank you's and other holiday-related gift giving.
So I labored and labored over my design and came up with this card:
I am in love with the white-on-white layering seen all over Pinterest and decided to throw in a bit of Kraft-colored accents. The white card base is layered with Kraft cardstock and then another white music-note embossed layer, two jingle bells, glitter, twine and a sentiment.
- The white embossed layer was made using a Cuttlebug embossing folder and my Epic Six.
- The jingle bells were cut using my Silhouette. They are cut in two layers and jazzed up a bit with Stickles Crystal.
- "JINGLE" sentiments are computer generated (x 10), cut with Stampin Up's (SU) Framelits Bitty Banners and the Revolution machine, enhanced with Gelly Roll pens (Red Star & Lime Star) and mounted on pop dots.
- Brown twine (Doodlebug) was strung up and glued under the sentiment.
- The inside "Jingle All The Way" is an older SU rubber mounted stamp and stamped with SU's Soft Suede ink
Aren't they fabulous?