Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas

A very Merry Christmas to all of my "virtual" friends.  I feel very fortunate to have you drop in now and again and visit my blog, leave a comment, share a craft or two, a recipe or three, and general life craziness.  I hope you gather an ounce of inspirateion after a visit here...I really do love to share! 


If you've been here before, you know I love to share the "technical" notes:
  • This is not an original photo idea.  I stole it.  If you've ever seen the opening segment of the Modern Family TV show you will know where this comes from. 
  • I bought a white 11" x 14" open back frame from Hobby Lobby.
  • Bill and I each posed in front of the Christmas tree holding the frame.
  • Getting a good photo of Gracie was the hardest part.  She HATED her Christmas hat and would NOT close her mouth!
  • I then worked some Photoshop Elements magic with the three photos.
    • I first opened the photo of me, "magic erased" the part of my shirt inside the frame.  Once you erase part a photo, it acts just like a picture frame.
    • Then, I "placed" the photo of Gracie under the "erased" part just so and then flattened and saved a new image of the two of us.
    • I  then opened the photo of Bill and did the same "magic erasing" inside the frame area.  I then "placed" the picture of me and Gracie underneath Bill's photo. 
    • Once again, I flattened the image and saved it as a new .jpg.
  • The finished card is a 6" x 7 1/2" Costco card, the entire "chalkboard" sentiment is theirs.  I just uploaded my finished "altered" photo of the three of us and added our Christmas message.
  • Here's a commercial for Costco and a personal testiment:  Costco's cards are awesome!  They are extra large and 50 cards is only $14.99 with silved lined envelopes.  What a deal!
I do hope you enjoy the card and a mini Photoshop lesson.

May your Christmas holiday be blessed with friends and family.  Here's hoping that you take as many photos as I do and that we have lots to scrap in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment