If you've been here before, you know I love to share the "technical" notes:
- This is not an original photo idea. I stole it. If you've ever seen the opening segment of the Modern Family TV show you will know where this comes from.
- I bought a white 11" x 14" open back frame from Hobby Lobby.
- Bill and I each posed in front of the Christmas tree holding the frame.
- Getting a good photo of Gracie was the hardest part. She HATED her Christmas hat and would NOT close her mouth!
- I then worked some Photoshop Elements magic with the three photos.
- I first opened the photo of me, "magic erased" the part of my shirt inside the frame. Once you erase part a photo, it acts just like a picture frame.
- Then, I "placed" the photo of Gracie under the "erased" part just so and then flattened and saved a new image of the two of us.
- I then opened the photo of Bill and did the same "magic erasing" inside the frame area. I then "placed" the picture of me and Gracie underneath Bill's photo.
- Once again, I flattened the image and saved it as a new .jpg.
- The finished card is a 6" x 7 1/2" Costco card, the entire "chalkboard" sentiment is theirs. I just uploaded my finished "altered" photo of the three of us and added our Christmas message.
- Here's a commercial for Costco and a personal testiment: Costco's cards are awesome! They are extra large and 50 cards is only $14.99 with silved lined envelopes. What a deal!
May your Christmas holiday be blessed with friends and family. Here's hoping that you take as many photos as I do and that we have lots to scrap in 2013!