I hope your Christmas was fabulous. I hope you were able to focus on your family. I hope you ate so much you are stuffed. I hope you smiled so much your cheeks hurt. I hope you took way too many pictures (like I did)! I hope Santa was good to you, and I hope the mess is not TOO big! (Santa was EXTRA good to me this year. He always is, but I am really liking my BIG gift...more to come!)
I am so proud to announce that the weekly Wednesday sketch @ Let's Scrap is mine! Do you remember the sketch contest? My very first attempts at scrapbook layout design not only produced a winner, but I also had lots of runners-up; and this is the first of many more to come over the next few months.
I love, LOVE, all of the chalkboard designs and fonts that I have been seeing. I really wanted to use that premise for a layout (LO). The stark white fonts against the black or very center paper would be perfect for a back-to-school LO, Christmas program, or any school-age theme. Only trouble on my end is that I don't have school-aged children any more, but I do have a furry toddler named Gracie Lou. So here's my take on the sketch:
|Gracie was such a good student!|
She even Graduated and got her very own diploma!
- Patterned paper: Echo Park Woof! collection.
- Large white Puppy title: Doodlebug Design Sew Simple Cardstock Stickers
- Woof & Bark are fussy cut from the pattterned paper and mounted on pop dots
- Kindergarten title: Cut on my Silhouette
- Yellow washi tape: Queen & Co.
- Computer journaling: Font KG Makes You Stronger (white type on black banners) and fussy cut
- Cardstock: Creative Memories White & Black
I have completed a whopping 235 LO's in 2012!! Oh my gosh, the photos, the stories, and the memories are all documented.