Wednesday, December 26, 2012

12/26 Sketch @ Let's Scrap

Happy Day After!!!!!!!!!!

I hope your Christmas was fabulous.  I hope you were able to focus on your family.  I hope you ate so much you are stuffed.  I hope you smiled so much your cheeks hurt.  I hope you took way too many pictures (like I did)!  I hope Santa was good to you, and I hope the mess is not TOO big!  (Santa was EXTRA good to me this year.  He always is, but I am really liking my BIG gift...more to come!)

I am so proud to announce that the weekly Wednesday sketch @ Let's Scrap is mine!  Do you remember the sketch contest?  My very first attempts at scrapbook layout design not only produced a winner, but I also had lots of runners-up; and this is the first of many more to come over the next few months.


I love, LOVE, all of the chalkboard designs and fonts that I have been seeing.  I really wanted to use that premise for a layout (LO).  The stark white fonts against the black or very center paper would be perfect for a back-to-school LO, Christmas program, or any school-age theme.  Only trouble on my end is that I don't have school-aged children any more, but I do have a furry toddler named Gracie Lou.  So here's my take on the sketch:

Gracie was such a good student!
She even Graduated and got her very own diploma!
And some close-up detail:

Technical notes:
  • Patterned paper:  Echo Park Woof! collection.
  • Large white Puppy title:  Doodlebug Design Sew Simple Cardstock Stickers
  • Woof & Bark are fussy cut from the pattterned paper and mounted on pop dots
  • Kindergarten title:  Cut on my Silhouette
  • Yellow washi tape:  Queen & Co.
  • Computer journaling:  Font KG Makes You Stronger (white type on black banners) and fussy cut
  • Cardstock:  Creative Memories White & Black
So happy to be back with a layout for Let's Scrap...this will surely be my last LO for 2012.  I will be participating in the January LOAD challenge.  Join me!

I have completed a whopping 235 LO's in 2012!!  Oh my gosh, the photos, the stories, and the memories are all documented.

No comments:

Post a Comment