Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Big Reveal

Last week, I announced my new "title" over at Let's Scrap.  It is awesome to be surfing the site, and see the DT after my name.  I'm so proud of myself...I could just "bust my buttons."

To apply for the DT, the challenge was to create a layout based on this sketch:


I like recipes.  Easy to follow and no brain damage.  I tend to be a stick-to-it kinda girl.  On occasion, however, I find that I might not have a certain ingredient, or I may have learned a shortcut, or I may have to make a substitution, and sometimes my measurements tend to be off. 

Any hoo, the above recipe produced this creation:


The pictures for the layout are from 2010...when the original iPad was first released.  Bill wanted one so bad for his birthday.  When the kids and I made it happen, he was instantly obsessed over it.  Still is to this day...but that's enough about Bill. 

The details:
  • I followed the photo placement exactly 
  • I thought all of those flowered circles could easily be apples (yes...THE i-apples)
  • Because I had used busy patterned paper (a different one for the right & left), it was easy to fake the look of different paper in all of the right locations. 
  • The chevron borders across both pages were hand cut from patterned heavy-weight paper
  • The iPad logo and the i-apples were all downloaded from the internet and printed on white cardstock.  They were all hand cut as well.
  • The embellishments in the lower left coorner were layered using pop dots
  • The buttons were threaded with twine before they were adhered
  • The products I used:
And...it was good enough to get me on the team.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this in the Let's Scrap Gallery, and I love it here...one of the best takes on the "recipe" sketch. The use of the apple in the way that you did was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete