To apply for the DT, the challenge was to create a layout based on this sketch:
I like recipes. Easy to follow and no brain damage. I tend to be a stick-to-it kinda girl. On occasion, however, I find that I might not have a certain ingredient, or I may have learned a shortcut, or I may have to make a substitution, and sometimes my measurements tend to be off.
Any hoo, the above recipe produced this creation:
The pictures for the layout are from 2010...when the original iPad was first released. Bill wanted one so bad for his birthday. When the kids and I made it happen, he was instantly obsessed over it. Still is to this day...but that's enough about Bill.
- I followed the photo placement exactly
- I thought all of those flowered circles could easily be apples (yes...THE i-apples)
- Because I had used busy patterned paper (a different one for the right & left), it was easy to fake the look of different paper in all of the right locations.
- The chevron borders across both pages were hand cut from patterned heavy-weight paper
- The iPad logo and the i-apples were all downloaded from the internet and printed on white cardstock. They were all hand cut as well.
- The embellishments in the lower left coorner were layered using pop dots
- The buttons were threaded with twine before they were adhered
- The products I used: